Go with your gut ... on Video Venesday


I'm in the process of doing revisions for Dead Bird through the Cat Door the second in Megabyte Mystery series due out later this fall. One note from my senior editor at Gumboot Books was to swap chapters one and two. Funny thing, chapter two used to be chapter one and chapter one was originally chapter two.  So I had a big go-with-your-gut moment. 


It lead me to find this video (since it's video venesday).  It was produced by y/a writer Jackson Pearce (I've played a couple of her videos here at Three Dead Moths .... This one is a remake of the whole 'wear sunscreen' convocation speech written in 1997 by Mary Schmich, a columnist with the Chicago Tribune (it was erroneously attributed to Kurt Vonnegut and everyone realized that anybody can post anything on the internet and everyone will see it - wow what a concept!).  


Three bits of advice I loved in Jackson's video were: listen to advice, confidence is not the same thing as pride, and if you love a book tell the author. I'm going to write Jackson Pearce after this and tell her I like her videos. 





Here's a recitation put to music of the wear sunscreen convocation speech. 

 


Back to revisions for me ;-J

Comments

Angela Ackerman said…
I agree--her vids are the best. :)
Jan Markley said…
I agree. I'm going to try to post them from time to time!

Popular Posts