Top Ten Reasons This Day Wants a Do Over!
1) I was late for the deep water aerobics class and all the little old ladies and men get there a half hour early and sign up so I was afraid the class would be full;
2) A grandma smashed into my car in the parking lot. Okay, so maybe grandma shouldn't be driving a van as she can't see over the steering wheel and like grandmas the world over doesn't believe in the shoulder check;
3) Spent time examining the car, no visible sign of damage. While discussing possible internal car damage I heared the story of how she's taking care of her grandchild and just dropped by the pool to pick him up - thought I would have missed the class for sure;
4) There was one last spot in the class, had a friendly chat with the pool guy about how much I needed the stress release because some grandma just smashed my car in the lot;
5) In the deep water pool splashing around watching the kids in the large pool splashing around when the whistle blows and every one is told to get out of the water and evacuate the building;
6) Grabbed my towel, locker key and evacuated the building. Smoke now very evident and very smelly, and hard to breathe;
7) parts of the ceiling began to fall into the pool;
8) Went across the street to the hockey arena and watched Hazard Materials (haz mat), fire crews and EMS show up. Turns out they were putting tar on the roof and it caught on fire;
9) Stood around in a soggy bathing suit covered by a towel for an hour waiting to get back in the pool to get my purse, house and car keys so I could get home;
10) They called two city buses and we waited in the warm buses wrapped in blankets for another hour until we got the all clear to go in the building and get out stuff out. It begins to rain.
The upside - there's always and upside - was that luckily there's an old guy, I like to call Merv Griffin, because he thinks he's funny and flirts with all the instructors, he kept us midly amused. And all my clothes smell like burnt tar - eau de burnt tar - next big fragrance.
Note to self: don't go to aerobics Monday nights and keep some granola bars in the glove compartment of my car!
What kind of everyday stress can you put your characters through?