Squirrels ate my phone line, review of DFOTP, and writing with humour

It’s been a real – squirrels-ate-my-phone line – kinda week. First my cat brings a very-much-alive bird into the house, then squirrels really did eat my phone line (took the phone guy two hours on a ladder to fix it), and we had a spring snow storm (you don’t have to be a writer to know that’s an oxymoron).
To top it all off, my blog broke up with me!
It took the template and the widgets and just left. I didn’t see it coming. Sure we had problems, like when I put up a blog post and the font was so ginormous you could see it from an airplane. But I thought we were committed to working it out. Well, after a few glasses of wine and some heartfelt HTMLing, the blog’s back. We’ll pretend that nothing happened and move on from here. But I’m secretly planning to trade it in for an upgrade (to be launched in a couple of months.)
That was my week!
So you can imagine how happy I was to find a review of Dead Frog on the Porch on PopSyndicate by Eileen Schuh. It made up for the week that I had! Check it out and the rest of the reviews of books and movies on PopSyndicate.
Just to let writers know that I will be teaching a course through the Chinook Learning Services – Continuing Education CBE.
It is called Writing with Humour:
Humour is a way to engage your readers while getting your point across. Explore when to use humour, different types of humour, and the styles and techniques of humour writing. Humour is a powerful device when coupled with strong writing skills. There are still a couple of spots left if you want to sign up.
Mon, Wed 
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
May 10 & 12

Comments

Popular Posts